Climate and Weather
Before booking your holiday, use our month-by-month guides to the weather and climate in the destinations below to help you decide where to go and when.
Where to go and when...
- Where to go in January January is the busiest month of the year for travel agents, and we head back to the office after our Christmas break and feel the need to get a holiday booked. It is also a great time to visit many destinations... Northern India is one of our favourite destinations at this time of year.
- Where to go in February Living in Europe or North America? Break the winter blues and book a holiday in February. Caribbean, South America, South East Asia and Australia are all popular winter destinations.
- Where to go in March March is a great time to go skiing whether in Canada, the US or Europe - the snow should still be good, and the temperatures will be warming.
- Where to go in April Book early if you are heading abroad over Easter - it is the good time to visit many countries - the Caribbean is a great option at this time of year.
- Where to go in May The holiday season opens in Europe in May, and it is also a great time to visit places like Egypt or Morocco before they heat up too much. Otherwise how about a drive down Route 1 from San Francisco to LA?
- Where to go in June OK, now is the time to hit the Mediterranean, and even the weather in England shouldn't be too bad in June.
- Where to go in July Schools break up and from California to Croatia the summer in the norther hemisphere is now in full cry. It is the wet season in much of Asia in July. In Chile, Argentina and New Zealand, the ski season is kicking off...
- Where to go in August If you want to visit Scotland, August is the month to go with the Edinburgh Festival, Highland Games and the Glorious Twelfth marking the start of the grouse season. In the US go to Yellowstone, Yosemite and California's Big Sur.
- Where to go in September The weather in the Mediterranean starts to cool in September and the prices drop, making it a good option for some. It is off-season and hurricane season in many Caribbean islands.
- Where to go in October Central China has cool temperatures and mild, sunny weather in October, so now is a good time to visit. European and North American cities are also pleasant, with fewer crowds and milder weather.
- Where to go in November November is a good month to visit many destinations including Morocco, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Where to go in December With the monsoon season ended, most of southern Asia opens up with sunny skies and relatively moderate temperatures. December is ideal for visiting India, Vietnam, and Cambodia.
DestinationsHelping you decide whether to go to:
WEATHER IN AUSTRALIA AND THE PACIFIC
WEATHER IN AFRICA
WEATHER IN ASIA
WEATHER IN THE CARIBBEAN
WEATHER IN EUROPE
WEATHER IN THE MIDDLE EAST
WEATHER IN NORTH AMERICA
WEATHER IN SOUTH AMERICA